Dates, Deadlines and How Open Enrollment Can Impact Your Health Insurance for 2019
“It’s a Twilight Twist!” Okay, calm down; you’re not in some sci-fi fantasy. But it’s that time of year when you can choose to extend or change your health insurance policy. Admit it, over the past year your life has had some unexpected plot turns, ironic drama and upside down storylines. Now don’t be terrified, you can review your health care package and make some changes. Why? Because, you’ve just crossed over into the Open Enrollment Zone.
We, at Achieve Financial Group, are going to meet you in another dimension to tell you that the Open Enrollment period starts on November 1st and ends December 15th. You should see what your deductibles are, what your policy covers and if you should look for a different health insurance option due to your changed circumstances. Once you unlock this door with the key of imagination, you’ll understand how important Open Enrollment is:
- If you purchase health insurance during the Open Enrollment period, your health insurance policy will become active on January 1st of the upcoming year.
- If you want insurance in 2019, you’ll need to purchase health insurance between November 1st and December 15th, 2018.
- During Open Enrollment you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2019 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2019.
- If you don’t purchase health insurance during the Open Enrollment period, you can still qualify for health insurance at other times throughout the year.
Wow! You didn’t see that coming, did you? So, take advantage of Open Enrollment and make the best decisions for your health insurance in 2019. All you have to do is move into a land of both shadow and substance; then you’ll realize that having the choice to acquire or update your health insurance is not so strange after all.
Comments are closed.