How to Make Your Retirement Years Fun and Exciting
“How about some Hercu-leisure!” Hey Hercules, aren’t you supposed to be the strongest man on earth? Then why do you get so bent out of shape every time a bodybuilder gets more likes than you on Instagram? Maybe it’s time for you to retire and find something else to do. Obviously, the competition is just too much for you to wrestle with. Look, as long as there are gym memberships and selfies, these mortals will always give you a run for your muscles!
We, at Achieve Financial Group, are going to float up to Mount Olympus and talk to your pops, Zeus. We’ll ask him to relieve you of your worldly duties and send you into retirement. Okay, we don’t want to strong arm you, but you need to get your head out of the clouds and find some things to do before you become Hercu-lazy. Now, this concept may seem Greek to you, but here are some suggestions.
- Travel the world – You’ve got the time, so take a cruise.
- Remodel your home – Try a DIY project and make some home improvements.
- Start a business – Consider a new career that you’ve always wanted.
- Teach – You have a lot of wisdom; you could teach a community college or university.
- Volunteer – Give back to the community through church or a charitable organization.
- Spend time with friends – Make plans with other retirees in your area.
- Visit family – Connect with family or find relatives you never knew you had.
- Be a mentor – Share your knowledge and experience with young people.
- Get educated – Go back to school and get a degree or another degree.
- Read – Dive into the classics or join a book club.
- Write a book – Try penning a novel, writing cookbook or writing your memoirs.
- Learn a new language – Speaking a foreign language could come in handy during your travels.
- Start a blog – Share your knowledge and experience online.
- Learn how to play a musical instrument – Take lessons to expand your musical talent
- Start a new hobby – Try fishing, hiking, gardening, painting or photography.
- Take up a new sport – Challenge yourself to a new athletic pursuit.
Alright, Herc, you’ve worked hard for centuries to protect your human peeps by battling bullies. So, instead of pumping more iron, pump the breaks on building your biceps and have some fun. It’s the perfect opportunity to find that having a great time in your retirement is no longer a myth. #AchieveMore
Comments are closed.